Appearances on Travel Channel, Lifetime, A&E, Syfi, & ETV
The Charleston walking tour led by a pirate and parrot!
In authentic costume & accompanied by Capt. Bob, the parrot, Eric Lavender shares stories of the pirates who plundered, partied, and perished in Charles Towne. Eric brings Charleston's Golden Age of Piracy to life with stories of Blackbeard's siege of the city, the capture and execution of Stede Bonnet and other pirates, the romance between Calico Jack and Anne Bonny, and much more! Along the way, learn about the city’s most historical buildings and events.
- Why did Blackbeard blockade the Charleston harbor?
- Was Blackbeard really born in the Charleston area?
- What did the notorious Anne Bonny do to her father's plantation before running away from Charleston to be a pirate?
- Why did the Gentleman Pirate, Stede Bonnet, don a dress?
- Why did Anne Bonny & Mary Read dress as men?
- What was Calico Jack's connection to Charleston?
- Which pirates danced the hempen jig in White Point Gardens?
These are just a few of the questions that Eric answers as he tells tales of historic Charleston, leading you to the hangouts, "haunts," and final resting places of pirates, who made Charleston one of their ports-o-call during “Golden Age of Piracy” (1690-1730).