- We do appreciate a phone number and/or email address where we can contact you on the day of the tour in the event of a cancellation.
- This is a walking tour, so please dress accordingly. During warm weather, we suggest you bring water.
- Speaking of water... there are no public restrooms along the route, so we suggest you "powder your nose before the tour. There are public restrooms in the parking garage across the street from the Powder Magazine. These restrooms are surprising well-maintained by the city.
- Children are more than welcome! Tickets for children under 4 are free, but they still need a ticket, so please make sure you include free tickets for the young ones on your order.
- Tours run rain or shine. Should hazardous weather force the cancellation of a tour, you may reschedule your tour (based on availability). If you cannot reschedule, we will refund your purchase.
- Tickets are non-refundable, but you may reschedule (based on availability) with 24 hours notice.
- The health & well-being of Captain Bob are priorities for us, so please understand that we cannot guarantee his appearance on every tour. Bob does not tour if the temperature is below 60. Also, we do not force Bob to tour. As with animals in other animal interaction programs (think SeaWorld and Discovery Cove), at times, Bob just does not want to participate. Please keep this in mind, as we do not offer refunds if Captain Bob cannot participate in your scheduled tour.
- The tour route is in public areas over which we have no control. Charleston Pirate Tours is not responsible and cannot be held liable for behavior of the public, other tour patrons, or any accidents during the tour.Specifically for the Charleston Tavern Tour:
The Original Charleston
Dressed in period apparel, Eric and Sabrina regale you with tales Charleston pirate history highlights, along with the some of ghost stories that have made Charleston known as one of the country's most haunted cities. We even have pirate ghosts! Click here for a look at Charleston pirate ghost legends.
Charleston Pirate Tour with Sabrina
Monday - Sunday at 10:30am
We developed this hour-long tour just for the youngest buccaneers. All of the children will sign our pirate articles to join the crew. Next, we'll do sword drills, so the crew is ready for the adventure. Each child receives a sword to keep as a souvenir. Don't worry, Mom & Dad... the swords are foam rubber! We'll then set out on our treasure hunt, exploring the pirate history of White Point Gardens and Charleston Harbor. The tour ends when we find the treasure chest and divvy up the plunder.
This tour is recommended for children under 8. Children under 3 are Free, but if you want younger children to receive swords, treasure, and make maps, purchase the Child 3-12 ticket.